Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Nasty Gal Shoe Cult Review

I think it's about time I wrote a review on the two pairs of Nasty Gal Shoe Cult shoes I purchased in May. See the original post on the collection here. I am not affiliated with the company, these are just two pairs of shoes that I decided to purchase because I thought they were cute and would enhance my wardrobe. I purchased the Zealand Sandal in black, pictured below:

The sandals are made from synthetic leather, so the straps around the toes are not as soft as I would like and they do take a while to break in. The soles are very comfortable and flexible. I also like the ankle strap. The gold details are adorable and do not feel heavy. They are also very adjustable. I purchased these sandals in a size 7 (my normal size) and they fit perfectly. My only real concern is the metal detail on the back of the heel. They tend to hit the ground and make a slight clicking noise which doesn't bother me, but when this happens they metal gets scraped along the bottom edge. It is not very noticeable unless you look closely. It may just be the way I walk, although I don't believe I drag my feet that much. So maybe this doesn't happen to everyone but it does for me. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase. I feel this is a great shoe to wear casually, but it can also be dressed up and worn with a cute dress. These shoes can still be purchased. If you click the link above, it will take you to the site.

The second pair of shoes I purchased was the Faye Platform Pump, also in black:


These shoes are also made from synthetic materials, but since they are a suede like material they are much softer. I am happier with the quality of materials of this shoe than I am with the Zealand sandal. I adore the ankle straps and pointed toe of these heels. They are very reminiscent of L.A.M.B heels and Jeffrey Campbells at a much more affordable price. The ankle straps fasten with velcro which makes them very easy to take on and off, which I like a lot. The unusual thing about these heels is that the sole is very flexible, which isn't a common feature in heels. It makes them very comfortable but slightly more difficult to walk in. I really don't see this as a problem though, just something which takes getting used to. I purchased these shoes in a size 6.5. I usually but heels in a 6.5 or 7 but because these have a pointed toe I went with the 6.5 and they fit perfectly. The toe leaves plenty of room. I don't feel as though my toes are being squished while the shoes fit snugly enough that they aren't hard to walk in. These shoes are no longer available at Nasty Gal but they still carry similar styles. I really like these shoes and they are perfect for the affordable price!

I hope this post helped all the Nasty Gals out there looking to buy from the Shoe Cult line. I think the shoes are a great price and quality. Definitely a go-to brand if you want on trend designer styles at a reasonable price. I should have a post about the new additions to the line soon, so stay tuned for that!

oxxo Leo.

*all images featured are from nastygal.com*

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review, I just purchased the Shoe Cult Cage match pumps which are similar in style to your second pair of heels...and was anxious to find out how well they'd fit me, so your blog post sort of saved my soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm glad to hear this post helped you and i hope you enjoy your shoes!!

      oxxo Leo.

      Delete
  2. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences.
    nastygal

    ReplyDelete